What’s in the price transparency limited research dataset?
The Turquoise Health limited research dataset is built using publicly available data disclosed
by hospitals across the United States in compliance with the machine readable file
requirement of the CMS Hospital Price Transparency Regulation
(45 CFR §180.50).
You can find out more information about this regulation from CMS
In this dataset, you will find the facility fee portion for a curated list of shoppable
services mandated for disclosure by CMS. This data may or may not include a discounted
cash price and negotiated rates paid by third party payers. This data may or may not
include ancillary charges associated with the primary service. This data will not
include the professional fees associated with the hospital service provided.
- Colonoscopy, diagnostic
- CT scan, pelvis, with contrast
- Electrocardiogram, routine, with interpretation and report
- Emergency Level 3
- Emergency Level 4
- Emergency Level 5
- Kidney Function Blood Test Panel
- Knee arthroscopic cartilage removal
- MRI scan of brain before and after contrast
- New patient office or other outpatient visit, typically 30 min
- New patient office of other outpatient visit, typically 45 min
- New patient office of other outpatient visit, typically 60 min
- Ultrasound of abdomen, complete
- Uterine and adnexa procedures, non-malignancy
It’s our aim to support researchers in the market’s move towards transparency. With
that said, our limited dataset is provided “as is,” and is updated on irregular intervals.
Before using our limited dataset in any form, researchers must agree to a non-commercial
Data Use Agreement.
To inquire about paid licenses for research datasets with Turquoise, please reach out
to email@example.com or
click here to Contact Turquoise Health.